|13 May - 17 May 2024
|05 Aug - 09 Aug 2024
|09 Sep - 13 Sep 2024
|14 Oct - 18 Oct 2024
|04 Nov - 08 Nov 2024
About the Course
Human Resources, as an administrative role, can have limited influence on a company's future. On the other hand, a company that would like to differentiate itself from the competition can use HR as a Strategic Partner since it can impact the company's key objectives. The role of HR as a Strategic Partner is to develop and direct an HR plan that supports and drives the business's overarching goals. In other words, a strategic HR partner bridges the gap between the work of the HR team on the ground and the mission of the C-suite. When HR collaborates with the C-Suite, the needs of the business guide the actions of human resources: the actions of human resources help the business achieve its goals. In top-performing HR departments, this synergy drives every task and initiative.
Today's best HR professionals aren't the compliance officers of old: they're partners in strategic planning, driving businesses to success. THEREFORE, an HR strategic partner collaborates with the HR department while consulting on talent issues and initiatives. The expertise they bring to the table enables them to drive innovation that positively impacts the entire organisation.
The conclusion, consequently, is that the strategic HR leader should be both a professional in the field of HR and a competent businessperson.
The delegates will achieve the following objectives:
- Interpret the difference between an HR Manager vs HR as a Strategic Partner
- Understand the benefits of HR as a Strategic Partner
- Describe what is needed to design and deliver a strategy for attracting and retaining key talent
- Distinguish the steps to identifying and developing high-potential employees
- Develop skills on how to coach high-potential employees
- Explain how strategic HR partners can help drive individual, team and organisational performance
This training course is a mixture of lecture, video presentation, trainer-facilitated workshop exercises, and case study analysis organised through a Virtual Learning Platform anytime and anywhere.
This virtual training course is established for HR Managers or HR Executives wanting to hone or develop their skills, or Junior HR staff who would like to act as a Strategic HR Partner in the future.
Likewise, it will be valuable to the professionals but not limited to the following:
- Project Managers
- Operation Managers
- Talent Hunters
DAY ONE: HR AS A STRATEGIC PARTNER
- Key Challenges Today
- The Road of HR ahead: What needs to be done?
- HR must understand the Business: The Big Picture
- HR must adopt a Customer-Centric Mentality
- HR must develop a culture of Agility, Engagement, and Growth
- HR Manager vs HR as a Strategic Partner
- Why should you become a Strategic HR Partner?
DAY TWO: BENEFITS OF HR AS A STRATEGIC PARTNER
- Design and deliver a strategy for attracting and retaining key talent
- Steps to identifying and developing high-potential employees
- Successful Succession Planning
- Ways to cut waste and invest in technology
- Working towards a strong company culture to benefit in the following areas:
- Attract Great Employees
- Increase Retention Rates
- Boost Productivity
- Analysing the elements of the right culture (including the Culture Audit)
DAY THREE: HR TRANSFORMATION WAVES
- From traditional HR Functions to Strategic Waves
- Implications of becoming a Strategic Partner
- Involvement in Top Management
- Involvement in Business
- Mindset and Competence of an HR Strategic Partner
- Role Balance in the hierarchy of the business
- Measuring the results of the HR Strategic Partner
DAY FOUR: DEVELOPING A GROWTH MINDSET IN THE COMPANY
- What is a Growth Mindset?
- What is Fixed Mindset?
- The five characteristics of a Growth Mindset
- Growth Mindset Examples
- Developing a growth mindset in a business
- “Go to bed smarter than you woke up”
DAY FIVE: THE EVOLUTION OF THE HR PROFESSIONAL
- HR is Evolving
- Today the focus is on the “human” in Human Resources
- Interacting less with mundane tasks and more with the highest levels of management
- Collaborating for Success
- Collaborating with every division of the company
- The potential of human capital is unlimited
A Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI)® Pre-approved Training Course